You move abroad – how will that affect your pension scheme?

You probably have a lot to consider when you are going on secondment or are moving abroad. However, we recommend that you also remember to consider what should happen to your pension scheme. 

Pay particular attention to the tax rules. You may, for instance, apply to be exempted from pension investment return tax if you live abroad.

Taxation abroad

It is always a good idea to speak to your pensions adviser if you are moving abroad, going on secondment and when you return to Denmark. You should also consider your need for insurance while you are living abroad.